Wednesday 7 October 2009

Chuck Norris.

This is odd, starting a post off with this, but it made me laugh. A way of remembering it. I got told today to type 'Find Chuck Norris' into Google, and press 'I'm feeling lucky'. So I did. Anyone (likely) reading this, go try it.

Okay, so some days things don't turn out the way you want them to.

There's this place I know, far away from here. I've never quite been able to describe it to anyone. Partly because I don't really know what it looks like, partly because it doesn't exist. Anyway, I was listening to this song this morning, one I've listened to many, many times before, and suddenly realized that the place they were describing was my place. That perfect place out there, in here, next door.
I guess everyone has one, in a weird kind of way. This is the song: Love always remains, MGMT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyrfzzUTzFk
Go listen to it. Now.

I read this quote, only just now actually, that says "Poetry is not always words" A woman called Audrey Foris said that. Unfortunately, finding anything out about this woman seems to be impossible. Only her quotes seem to have remained; her person, character and humanity... ? Mmm, maybe you know something?
Anyway. This got me thinking. Poetry isn't always words, but images aren't always pictures either. If a tree or a painting or a landscape can be poetry as well as an image of some kind, images can also be words. Right?

Signing out. I need to make a rule not to do this when I'm incapable typing anything but my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment